Paradise on Earth - Jehangir (Mughal Emperor)
ammu and Kashmir is the northernmost state in India. In the seventeenth century the Mughal emperor Jahangir set his eyes on the valley of Kashmir. He said that if paradise is anywhere on the earth, it is here, while living in a houseboat on Dal Lake. "Gar firdaus, ruhe zamin ast, hamin asto, hamin asto, hamin ast." If there is ever a heaven on earth, its here, its here, its here. In Jammu and Kashmir the most important tourist places are Kashmir, Srinagar, the Mughal Gardens, Gulmarg, Pahalgam, Jammu, and Ladakh. Some areas require a special permit for non-Indians to visit. Jammu and Kashmir is the northernmost state of the Indian Union. Known for its extravagant natural beauty this land formed a major caravan route in ancient times.
ulmarg is well known for its amazing natural beauty and it is counted as one of the unique tourist destinations in the world. Gulmarg is surrounded by dense forest. This place is famous for its golf hikes and beautiful highland golf course. The natural beauty accompanied with clean fresh air and a beautiful environment highlights Gulmarg as a major tourist destination.
he way to reach Sonmarg or the Meadow of the gold is from the sindh valley. This valley also shows more amazing facet in kashmir. Sonmarg is located at an altitude of around 2730 meters from the sea level; it has Snow Mountains as its backdrop against the sky.
Place of interest in Kashmir Valley
- Vernag Spring and Mughal Garden- A fresh water spring and a Mughal garden next to it, spring is chief source of Jhelum River.
Srinagar - Capital of
Jammu and Kashmir, a popular
- Dal lake - famous lake in Srinagar, with house boats called shikharas.
- Manasbal Lake
- Shalimar Gardens--Mughal Garden
- Nishant Gardens-Mughal Garden
- Chashme Shahi- Mughal Garden
- Badamwari Garden
- Pari Mahal- old monument of Pari Mahal, one can have full view of Dal Lake.
- Shankaracharya Temple- Ancient Temple of Lord Shiva
- Hari Parbat- Ancient Temple of Goddess Sharika Bhagwati and an old fort on this hill.
- Kheer Bhawani Temple
- Gulmarg - Popular hill station and skiing destination.
- Pahalgam - Hill station
- Betaab Valley- A lush green valley 15km from Pahalgam where the movie Betaab was shot.
- Sonmarg - Hill station
- Yusmarg - Hill station
- Aru - scenic valley
- Amarnath temple - pilgrimage site for Hindu devotees of Shiva.
- Eco-tourism places:Gurez, Dudhpathri, Bangus valley.